This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Defaulting Sort Order

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Is there a way to default the sort order?  I have to create several hashes in multiple data flows.  I really don't care about the sort order.  I just want a unique hash.  It would be great if the Mulitple Hash would allow sorting by the field name.  This way, as long as the same fields are part of the hash (kind of obvious), it would not matter.

I am always paranoid about making changes and ensuring the sort order remains the same in all the locations.

Rob

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Rob,

That's a feature that was added in release 1.4, although it's use is not obvious.

• Open the Output Columns tab
  • Select the hash to maintain
  • Click on the Column header to sort the columns
  • Click the left hand end of Row Header, to select ALL rows
  • Scroll to the bottom of the middle column
  • Click in the bottom tick box, with the SHIFT key held down, to unselect ALL "columns"
  • Click in the bottom tick box, with the SHIFT key held down, to select ALL "columns"

This will add all the columns in sorted order into the third list.

Keith.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Keith,

Thank you for the reply.  That is what I did to load the fields.  However, if we go do add new fields and someone doesn't pay attention to the order, we'll have problems.  It would be great to just click the column header for the selected fields and have them sort.  Or a check box that causes sorting to be defaulted and the task always did it alphabetically.

Rob