This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Cannot drop component on design surface

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I did a proper install of the 2005  version, but when  dropping the component i get an error "The component could not be aded to the Data Flow Task Please verify that the component is properly installed ...."

Anyone an idea what is going wrong here ?

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Please verify that the component did install into the Assembly cache %SystemRoot%\assembly.  It should show as:

Assembly Name - MultipleHash2005, Version 1.0.0.0, Public Key Token - 51c551904274ab44, Processor - MSIL

I expect that you will not find the file here based on the error message above.

Also verify that the DLL is installed in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents for 32 bit environments, and %ProgramFile(x86)%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents for 64 bit environments.

I expect that you will find the file here because it was addable to the Toolbox.

(%SystemRoot% is probably C:\Windows and %ProgramFiles% is probably C:\Program Files)

If the DLL is not in the Assembly (most probable given the error), then the install into your .Net assembly failed.  You can Drag the file into the assembly folder from the %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents folder, and this should correct the problem.  Or you can use the gacutil command:

gacutil -i MultipleHash2005.dll
Marked as answer by kmartin on 7/8/2014 at 6:36 AM
Apr 9, 2010 at 8:21 AM

I did already an install with the gacutil tool, and it still did not work, but to day after a reboot of my PC it worked !

So indeed, installing into the GAC probably did the job.

I can now start testing the component.

Thanks for the component and your support !