This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multiple Hash 2008 v1.3 was not successfully added to the Assembly Cache

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:53 PM

I received the following error when I ran the new installer: Multiple Hash 2008 v1.3 was not successfully added to the Assembly Cache on your computer.   I was still able to add the component to the Toolbox, but not sure if there may still be a problem.

Not sure if you are aware of this error. I have a screen shot if you have someplace I can attach or upload it.

Thanks!
Shari

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2010 at 9:39 PM

ShariL,

I have uploaded a new installer, which will show the messages from the addition of the DLL to the assembly.

Can you please uninstall the existing version, and reinstall using the new installer.  Review the output from the last 10 lines in the log window.  It should look like the following (Italics will be different, Bold is the assembly registration):

Do 32 Bit Install.
Output folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\PipelineComponents
..Installing MultipleHash2008.dll to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\PipelineComponents
Extract: MultipleHash2008.dll... 100%
Finished installing MultipleHash2008.dll onto Computer.
Install MultipleHash2008.dll to Assembly Cache
Output folder: C:\DOCUME~1\INSTAL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
Extract: gacutil.exe... 100%
Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 2.0.50727.42
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Assembly successfully added to the cache
Please check the output from the Assembly Registration above for Errors.
Delete file: C:\DOCUME~1\INSTAL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\gacutil.exe
Output folder: C:\Program Files\Multiple Hash 2008
Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Multiple Hash 2008\uninst.exe
Completed

If it doesn't, can you please post the content of the setup log here.  You can get the content by right clicking in the installer output log, and selecting copy to clipboard.

If you need to upload a screen shot, then select the "Copy to work item" URL in this discussion, and then you will be able to upload screen shots into the Issue Tracker.

Oct 14, 2010 at 11:44 PM

The latest installer worked like a charm.  I am so pleased with the quick turnaround.  We are currently in development moving this new component into production to replace our existing Checksum component.  I am thrilled with the testing so far. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!
Shari

Marked as answer by kmartin on 7/8/2014 at 6:34 AM