This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

silent/unattended installation

Mar 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Hello,
Does the installer for this support silent/unattended installation? This would make it much easier to deploy to a group of build systems. If not, I would like to submit it as a feature request.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add a /S (capital s) on an elevated command line, and it should silent install.
Keith.
Apr 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Thanks!
May 15, 2013 at 7:34 PM
stevetrotman wrote:
Thanks!
Hello Martin,

Could you please provide the silent uninstall step to remove Multiple Hash 2008
May 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Hello Martin,

Coordinator
May 16, 2013 at 11:52 PM
rizahmed1 wrote:
Hello Martin,

I have looked at the uninstaller that was produced by my nullsoft install script, and it forces a Message Box to the screen.

Function un.onInit
MessageBox MB_ICONQUESTION|MB_YESNO|MB_DEFBUTTON2 "Are you sure you want to completely remove $(^Name) and all of its components?" IDYES +2
Abort
FunctionEnd

I will have to produce a new installer and uninstaller pair, with the ability to detect the /S in the uninstaller.

Unfortunately, if you already have Multiple Hash installed, the uninst.exe file will prompt...
I'll see if I can create a new uninst.exe, which can replace the existing uninst.exe on a machine, and then be silent...

Keith.
Coordinator
May 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM
There are new versions of the 1.6.1 installers available now.
You have a choice of .exe installer or .msi installer.

Future releases will be using the .msi installer, as this allows a clean upgrade, without requiring an uninstall first.

If you already have Multiple Hash installed, (V1.6.1 from an install .exe file that was downloaded prior to 2013-05-21) and want a silent uninstall, then you will have to download the appropriate Multiple Hash 20nn Silent Uninstall.zip file, and copy the contained uninst.exe file to the appropriate C:\Program Files\Multiple Hash 20nn or C:\Program Files (x86)\Multiple Hash 20nn folder and execute uninst.exe /S

Keith.
Marked as answer by kmartin on 7/8/2014 at 6:16 AM