This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

BIDS with Multihash installed on server

Mar 21, 2014 at 7:48 PM
I have muti-hash installed on a server that has SSIS 2012 installed. I wan to create and test packages using this component from a workstation that only has BIDS installed. Is this possible.
Coordinator
Mar 23, 2014 at 11:16 PM
On the Workstation, you need SSDT (Microsoft renamed BIDS to SSDT for the release of SQL 2012) and Multiple Hash installed.
On the Server you need SSIS and Multiple Hash (you don't need BIDS on the server).

If you want to use Visual Studio 2012, then download SSDT here
Please note that the link is from the Australian English site.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=36843
Mar 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Here is the specific error I am getting ,

Multiple Hash x64 Setup

SQL Server Integration Services is not installed on this computer. Please install SQL Server Integration Services before running this installer.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2014 at 11:34 PM
I'm working on the installer to include SQL 2014, and will retest with just BIDS and/or SSDT installed. I thought I had covered these scenarios, in previous testing, but I may have missed a combination somewhere.

If you want it is possible to manually install Multiple Hash IF you have been able to install it elsewhere.

Manual Workaround:

This needs either GACUtil.exe (for Dot Net 4), or https://powershellgac.codeplex.com/
  • Install Multiple Hash on a server with SSIS installed.
  • Copy the DLL C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents\MultipleHash2012.dll from the server, to your workstation into the same location.
  • Install the DLL into the GAC.
    • GACUtil -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents\MultipleHash2012.dll"
      or
    • within an Elevated PowerShell window, with powershellgac available:
      Add-GacAssembly "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents\MultipleHash2012.dll"
Mar 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Ok thanks, on a side note do you have a plan for a select all button in the component?
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2014 at 12:29 PM
If you scroll to the bottom of the list, press Control A, hold down the shift key, and click on the bottom check box, all items will be selected.
This also works for highlighting a set of columns (using Shift and then click), and then clicking on the last row selected's tick box.
Mar 26, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2014 at 12:31 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Marked as answer by kmartin on 7/8/2014 at 6:15 AM